
Well, it was our first full day here in Almaty. We were picked up by our translator and driver at about 12:30. We went to an Italian restaurant for lunch called Ciao Pizza. It was good. Mom and I shared Spaghetti Carbonara. The meals here have been more expensive than in Ust. We then went to a few stores and then to a park. There were large fountains of water. It has been really hot here and the mist from the water was awesome.I have seen several Mary Kay signs and even a Mary Kay bus. I asked if there was a corporate building, and the translator said there is. We will go there tomorrow. I hope they are as inviting to me as our corporate office in Dallas. I hope to get some great pictures! So stay tuned.
As for me, I really miss Lena and the small town of Ust. I joke around about being a ‘city girl’, but I am more comfortable in a small city. I wish we could have arranged for her to come here with us. One good thing about Almaty, because of it’s size, you can find some American foods at the grocery. We got a pancake mix and syrup. We had French toast for breakfast this morning!Mia has been wanting to sleep all day. Mom and I have been quarrelling back and forth about if she should be allowed to sleep or not. I think not too much. Mom says let her sleep. I want to ensure she sleeps tonight! I’m sure she is experiencing some ‘jet-lag’ from our flight yesterday. Who knows?... I think she has put on a pound or two since she has been with us. Her face looks a little fuller to me. She is still very small.
We have been loving the playpen. Mia is so good in it. She was in one alot at the babyhouse. We had a bit of trouble with her on the floor of the other apartment. She didn't like it and neither did we. She was fussy and bored and then crawling over and getting into everything. Now that she has the playpen, we all can relax. She is comfortable and we know she is safe and can't get into trouble. Playpens are awesome!! :)
Well, I hope to get a call from my family today, since it is a holiday. Wish I could be there with them, just hanging out all day. To everyone else….Have a Great Labor Day!! More tomorrow…… Miss you guys!
Love and Big Kisses to my family-
Sonja (Mia and Grandma Roxie)
No comments:
Post a Comment