
Wow....today was a hot one. We were melting out there! We went to lunch at a really nice Russian resturant. It was new in town and not really busy yet. The food was great but a little pricey. We then went to look at some of the paintings we saw on our layover here. I bought 2 small ones. There was a large painting of a girl that I really liked, but she was about $80. We will see how the money holds out. We also went to an awesome bakery. The desserts all looked so good. They were very artistic. I wish I had taken pictures. We brought a few pretty pieces of cake back to the apartment for a snack later!!
Well, are you ready for some GREAT NEWS!!!???? The ladies from Mary Kay Corporate here in Kaz called today and.............I am going to the Mary Kay Seminar here!!!!! WOOOHOOO! It is Saturday and Sunday. I will need to go get a black skirt tomorrow. I don't think we will find a formal in my size and I wouldn't want to try to pack it home either. But, if I get a black skirt, I will make it work. I am SOOO EXCITED!! What a story I will be able to tell!! I am just so excited and that's all I can say about that! I go tomorrow to buy my ticket. It is only about $55 US. Please pray that they will allow my translator to go along with me. So much fun!! Stay tuned for all the details!!
Lena will be arriving here tomorrow at 4:00. I spoke to her and she is headed here on a bus instead of the train. She will be taking over as our translator for the rest of our trip. Nazym, the girl who has been helping us, will go to the hospital tomorrow for some tests and treatments. She has not eaten anything in the 3 days we have been with her, and she mentioned that her liver is enlarged. I worry that something serious could be wrong with her. Please keep her in your prayers. She is such a sweet person. I will keep you posted on her progress, as we will be keeping in touch with her and visiting her if we can at the hospital.
Mia actually held her own bottle today!! We have been working on that one. I am glad to see it is a success. She is finally getting to wear the short outfits I packed for her. She is trying to keep cool. Her teeth are really bothering her though. She is chewing on anything she can get near her mouth. She has turned into a slobber fountain. What a mess! She is so funny though! She is really attached to her grandma already. She seems to have already figured out that mamaw's are big softies! She plays it up when mom is around. What a stinker!!
Well, as much fun as it appears that I am having, I would trade it all for tickets to come home. Thanks to all of you who are keeping in touch through the emails. They are a big highlight in my day!!
More soon.... Love and Hugs- Kisses to my family!!!
Sonja (Mia and Grandma Softie, oops I mean Roxie)
No comments:
Post a Comment