Thursday, September 15, 2005

Broken Down....



Well, we didn't make it to the mountians today. Our driver's car broke down and we had to use a taxi for the rest of the afternoon. We will have a new driver tomorrow and he will take us up the mountian. So unfortunately, we will have to put you off one more day on the scenic photos.

We visited a market today. It wasn't very busy and I picked up just a couple things. We really are about all shopped out! After that, we walked over to a candy factory. I have been buying some bulk candies at the grocery. I tried this particular candy at our apartment in Ust and I really liked it. So, I have been buying it a little at a time. It is sold in bulk like Brach's candies. We went to the factory and they sell it really cheap there. The store was so busy, that we waited in line at least a half an hour. We got an assortment of sweets. Nazym was telling us which ones to try. There were too many to choose from. It looked so pretty with all the bins of sparkling wrappers. And the smell of warm liquid chocolate in the air. MMMMMMM. We have been trying all the sweets off and on all night. :)

I spoke to my children this morning and I miss them so much! I was fighting back tears while we were exchanging stories. Thane has now officially lost both his top front teeth. I hope someone will get a picture of his little face. I bet he looks sweet. And Seth sounds like he is 10 when he is telling me all about school. I am glad to hear that cheer is going well for Caitlin and that Madee is excited about Basketball camp. I just can't wait to be home with them. It will be soon though!

We confirmed a baby basket seat for Mia on the flights home. I had never heard of this before, but they have seats like bassinets on international flights. So, we have one of these. It will be good for her to something to sit in and play in rather than hold her on our laps for 20 hours! We also confirmed our tickets for Tuesday the 20th at 2:50 am We will be in Indianapolis at 12:30 on That same day! WOOOHOO!! We also checked on our paperwork. It received the official stamp in Astana today. It will be here in Almaty tomorrow and we will take it to the Embassy to submit it. This will get us our appointment on Monday. After this appointment, we will be free to come home!! Keepthis final step in your prayers as we prepare to finally come home with our little girl.

I wrote an email to the ladies at MK Corporate here in Kaz to thank them for the Seminar invitation. I also mentioned an interest in the registration bags. I did not receive one, as my ticket was only as a guest. There are extra, and they invited me to come and get one tomorrow. So, I will go there in the afternoon to pick it up. How exciting. I just love this company! Also, Nazym is meeting with the Senior Director tomorrow at 6pm for an interview!! I am so excited for her. We spoke with this Director today and she has only been with the company one year! She has an offspring Director and a unit size of 60 in one year! AWESOME!! So, more tomorrow....

This is a picture of mom at the Russian Orthodox Church we visited on our first day of this trip before going to Ust. It is so beautiful. Here is a pic of me and Mia, and as you can see, she would rather be down getting into something....

Love and hugs-

Sonja (Mia and Grandma Roxie)

No comments: