

We stayed in our apartment until lunchtime today. Gavin got a call from his parents this morning. It was good to hear from them and catch up a little. I know we love it when my mom and the kids call! I can’t keep from crying when I hear how big they sound! Our driver came for us at 12. We went to the photo shop to make copies of our visitation pictures for the court. In Kaz, you are required to bond with the child for 2 weeks before the court will consider adoption. You also must take pictures to prove you were there everyday. So, we got that done and we ate lunch at the Turkish cafĂ© again. It is one of our favorite places. It cracks me up here when you order french fries and they come out drizzled with not only ketchup, but mayonnaise also! Weird!! I know Karen is freaking out about now! I secretly eat mayonnaise on my fries from Wendy’s when I am at home, so, no big deal I guess. They put mayonnaise on everything here. It is the sauce on almost all the salads and pizzas. Ya gotta watch what you order….
We came back to the apartment at about 2pm since we cannot visit Mia today. It breaks my heart to know that she is at the hospital in a room alone. She doesn’t know anyone. No faces she knows- not her friends in her babyhouse group, her teachers, or Me and Gavin. It makes me cry. We will get a short visit tomorrow and we will take our box of chocolates to the director and ask to visit everyday. Please pray she says yes! Better yet, that she can go back to the babyhouse in the next few days. We get to visit her 4 hours a day there.
I will add pictures today we have taken on other days, since we did not take any today. One of me putting Mia to sleep and Gavin outside one of our apartment buildings. More tomorrow...and maybe I will sneak a picture of her in the hospital.
Love you guys~
Sonja (and Gavin)
No comments:
Post a Comment