Saturday, July 23, 2005

Poor Sick Baby....



We went to the babyhouse this morning for our visit with Mia and found her still feeling bad. We were very concerned for her. She was breathing hard, and I told them that she needed to see a doctor. So, we took her for a walk outside and then just sat with her because the doctor did not come in until 12. We rocked her to sleep after the caregivers gave her some cough and cold medicine. It was in powder form and smelled horrible. The doctor came in and looked at her. When we came back at 2 they had her isolated and the diagnosis was bronchitis. I told them we would buy whatever medicine they needed if they did not have it. But, they seem to have what they need. I can’t wait to get her home so we can get her the medical care and facilities we are used to. Our medical facilities are light years away from what they have here.

Between visits to Mia, we went to the open air market place. We did some shopping. We each got a pair of shoes like they wear here. You’ll have to check them out! I also saw a ring I would like to buy, so, I will keep you posted! We will probably go back for it. The locals were staring at us as we shopped today. Leena said that not to many tourists come here and especially to the market. I guess they stick to the malls! Not me, I want a deal! ;)

We ate dinner at the Red Dragon aagin. It was great. We had a dish called 'cooksy' basically a soup with egg, spaghetti like noodles, cucumber, beef and tomatoes etc.. We really liked it. We also had a dish like sushi rolls, but it was cooked beef not fish. Very nice!

Please keep Mia in your prayers for her healing. I want to see her smiling and laughing again! Enjoy the pictures….

Love to all,

Sonja (and Gavin)

No comments: