Thursday, July 21, 2005

Care for a walk??


We have officially been gone from home 2 weeks. This trip is half over!! Yeah!! We had some excitement last night in our apartment…..I was fixing the meal I was telling you about. I turned on the oven and the cook-top at the same time and tripped the circuit breaker!! We had to call our translator to come and help us find the breaker box! She didn’t tell us until she got here that the busses do not run that late, and that she ran most of the 2 miles to our apartment to help. We felt so bad. She really has gone out of her way to help us. We just love her to pieces.

We took Mia for a walk today outside. She rode in the stroller evidently for the first time. I guess it is only her second time ever being outside. She was studying everything. The leaves were blowing on the trees and she was in awe of them. I guess we wore her out because when we went upstairs to the gym, I rocked her right to sleep. We came back after lunch for our second visit and to fill out some papers for the court. I got to witness them feeding her, or should I say the shoveling frenzy. I cannot believe how much food the shovel into their mouths and with a spoon the size of our tablespoons or our serving spoons! They then give them a bottle with only about 3-4 ounces in it with a nipple the size of a cow udder! She made short work of it though. I don’t know if the bottles I have at home will give her the milk as fast as she is used to getting it! Her caregivers are very nice to us and seem to love all the children. They are well cared for and are very efficient at all of the things that need to be done for the 18 children in her group.

Well, we will go for now. No cooking in the apartment today. I learned my lesson! ;) More tomorrow….. notice in this picture she is eating her jacket!! Yes, they had a jacket and a hat on and it was like 80 degrees today!

Love and Hugs,

Sonja (and Gavin)

No comments: