
We left London at 9:25am Tuesday to Amsterdam and then went on to Almaty, Kazakhstan. It was a long day of travel, but safe. We arrived at 1:30am Kaz time Wednesday to a VERY busy and congested airport! We waited in bumper to bumper traffic for almost an hour. There appears not to be a speed limit as we were flying down the road. Our apartment is not quite what I expected. It was very dated and not clean by my standards. However, our translator told us we were staying in a very nice part of town. I have to keep in mind that we are in a totally different part of the world.
Our translator took us to the market for supplies and we got some pizza for lunch at the mall. We also toured the museum and saw some of their history. We met the Agency Coordinator here in town, in the evening and he said we should travel to Ust-Kamenogorsk because there are 4 girls there to see. So we bought our airline tickets for in the morning. We are unsure how to feel. We are nervous and excited. We are praying for a sign that this is where we should go. Speaking of signs, Gavin and I have been looking for little winks from God to be sure we are on the right path. We have found one today at the apartment. We were in the airport at Amsterdam shopping in a store until our plane time, and I was trying to find my new favorite perfume. We found it, and tried it on. It is Armani Mania, and I told him I wanted some soon when we get back to the states. Well, in our apartment there was a bright red box on the coffee table. I moved it aside and thought no big deal, but got bored and decided to look inside. It was an empty gift box from Armani Mania perfume!!! Funny how God puts little clues or winks along the way, and you can find them if you look and listen. Keep us in your prayers as we head out on this journey.
Miss you all, love to you,
Sonja (and Gavin)
No comments:
Post a Comment