
In the adoption world, you get to celebrate not only your birthday, but also a Family Day! (Some people call it a Gotcha Day and some Citizenship Day. We elected for the Family Day so that everyone in our family could celebrate!) September 20th is the day that we came home with Mia and she physically was a part of our day to day family life. How exciting! Her adoption date is August 1st, but as a family we decided on September 20th.
So, am I the only one who feels like the last year has just flown by? WOW. It seems hard to picture life with out Mia. She has grown so much in that time. (We all have!) Here is a picture of her referral photo, one from the baby house and one of her now.
---referral------------ adoption---------- now---
She definately has bloomed into a beautiful little lady. She is so happy and full of life. She loves her brothers and sisters, her doggy (pronounced daaaaahhhhgy), and her friends at preschool. She loves to be read to and of course is addicted to Baby Einstein videos! hahaha. Look at all that hair! You know that makes mommy happy to be able to put it up and mess with it! :) Much to Mia's dismay at times! :) She is my daughter indeed though. I don't know how the 'purse' gene was passed to her, but she's got it! She has to have her purse at all times. It is so cute. Like mother like daughter!
Thank you so much for being a HUGE support on this journey. I hope that you have grown to love her as much as we do! oUr posts on this site will slow down some. We will update it on Family days and birthdays for sure. Our everyday posts will be on our family page. Please feel free to check it out. The Link is on the left.
May God Bless your family in abundance as He has ours!
The Wilsons
2 comments:
Time has flown by! One year ago today we got on the plane to Kazakhstan to meet out children. I'm feeling all of the same emotions you are! We are so blessed to have these angels in our lives!
Love,
The Sapp Family
She is a beautiful little girl..I LOVE her hair:)
I can not believe it has been a year already.
I can not wait to see you (Mia) "out and about" soon.
Diana
Post a Comment